Sunday, August 03, 2008

Thankful Thoughts ...

I am so thankful for my Christian friends. Going to the lake, especially Smith Lake, always brings memories of my younger days, days that I chose to leave God in the closet and walk with the world. So sometimes going to the "lake" brings memories of hanging out with friends, and without going into detail which would serve no purpose here, just being, in general, stupidly careless with my life - I am so thankful I lived through and have been forgiven for my sinful life - not that I am perfect now, but I do try a whole lot harder, and I like to keep God out of my closet and walking with me - so he can elbow when I get out of hand!
Anyway, as I said I am so thankful for my Christian friends - going camping with them and spending time out on the lake is almost therapeutic in replacing my naughty girl memories with wonderful memories - wholesome fun and good and Christian fellowship. It is refreshing to be around people who are not ashamed to talk about the Lord, pray before their meals wherever they are - and who don't immediately put you into a "weird" category because you do!

So, the weekend camping trip was fun. The dogs survived the wilds of our backyard without us. We are tired, but good tired and it's time to go to bed. Good night!

2 comments:

Shawna said...

V, I feel the exact same way when I fellowship with other Believers. No, we aren't weird...different from the world...but not weird. Thank you for sharing that. I'm glad you had a great time camping.

mkg said...

Speaking of spending time with your buds - we are thinking about a Treasure Hunting trip on Saturday!!! Maybe about 9:00 a.m. at the church - haven't made any details yet - but there is the longest yard sale in the world this weekend!!! Or could be Thrifting with a Passion if it is really hot! Hopefully we will have a plan before Friday. :)