Thursday, August 28, 2008

Art Art and more Art ...

Last Thursday I went to the "Art Stroll" in downtown Huntsville around the Courthouse Square. It was great; and the art was wonderful to look at. I bought some very unique jewelry for Christmas gifts ... (yes, I am one of those!) and some awsome pottery mugs and even talked the potter into throwing in the matching saucer .. isn't bargaining great fun! They have these Art Strolls the 3rd Thursday evening of every month throughout the summer ... Sadly, that was the last Art Stroll in Hsv until next summer. However, I was looking on the "Huntsville Art Blog" which is listed on "Blogs I Read" on this page, and found that Athens is having something similar on September 6. Thought I would pass the info along, in case any of you might want to go art strolling. I wish I could go, but I have promised myself two whole weekends of nothingness after too many weekends gone. So if any of you go, enjoy! Below is an excerpt about the "stroll" or read the Huntsville Art Blog ...



ATHENS - Stroll along the Limestone County Courthouse grounds and step into a world of fine art at the third annual Art on the Square on Sept. 6. The free event is from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. and will feature more than 40 regional artists displaying and selling their original artwork. The artists work in paint, clay, photography, jewelry, metal and other mediums.

No comments: