Thursday, October 23, 2008
Urine-olgy ... yuck!
My husband has had ear aches/infections since the beginning of summer off and on. His most recent ear problems have taken him to 3 different doctors - now with a specialist - and 3 different rounds of antibiotics and ear drops ... I was talking with my mom this morning about it and she said he should try the ear ache cure that they used to use as a child ... urine in the ear - yuck!! I accused her of pulling my leg, because she was laughing as she told me, but she assured me that it was true and that she and her siblings (all ten of them) had all had to use this cure and it worked wonderfully, it kind of made me wonder about when she told me she was putting warm oil in my ear for my own childhood earaches, if she had been totally honest with me about what the warm substance was ... - I refuse to ask her because I don't want to be grossed out! Anyway, I had to do a little internet research to see if there was actually any information "out there" about this little bit of home remedy information, or was it just an old wives tale that hopefully, my mom never put to practice on us (me and my siblings ...) :)
It's actually out there. Using your own urine apparently has more than just the one use for earaches ..., below is just a small tidbit of what I found "out there" about URINE THERAPY... ewwweeewwww!!!! Yuck!!!!
As a side note ... I passed this information on to my husband in an email. He has not responded.
The following is adapted from the pamphlet "Urine-Therapy: It May Save Your Life." by Dr. Beatrice Bartnett, in which she suggests the following hints:
1. Drinking. The mid stream of the first morning urine is taken. Begin with two-three ounces and increase it to your personal, comfortable level.
2. Fasts. Fasts with urine and water are practiced for one or more days. J.W.Armstrong, a renowned urine therapist from England, lets his patients fast for up to 45 days. Fasts are only recommend under trained, medical supervision.
3. Enemas. The easiest way to take an enema is with a syringe containing two-three ounces of urine. The urine is kept in the colon for as long as possible.
4. Gargle. Urine is kept in the mouth 20-30 minutes, or as long as possible, for gum problems and other lesions of the mouth and tongue.
5. Douche. For any vaginal discomfort or cleansing, a solution of Golden Seal and urine will give comfort and healing.
6. Eye and ear drops. Any pain, burning and tiredness in the eyes may get relief with a few drops of urine placed into the eyes. The ears also benefit greatly if receiving a few urine drops for ear pain and discomfort.
7. Urine sniffing. This is the most effective way of treatment for any sinus congestion and upper respiratory problems.
Til later, V