Saturday, May 16, 2009

~ Just Random Stuff ~

It has been one of those weeks where not much "blog worthy" has happened. I've bought flowers to plant/pot and if the rain will hold off today, that will get done. Work has been good, got a lot done, so I feel good about that. My stepson Aaron is here for the weekend and we are glad, cause we've missed him! I have committed to have a Longaberger party in my home in July, so I have a long time to get my house cleaned up for that at least!

We bought a new stove/oven last night, self cleaning, YAY!

I am teaching an adult Sunday school class tomorrow for the first time and am a little apprehensive about that. Last time I taught a SS class to my "peers" I was 14 years old, as were all the people in my class and they totally ignored me and talked all through the class to each other ... made me appreciate how frustrating being a teacher must be and I knew after that I never wanted to do it again. (It was actually a type of torture/punishment that I had to do it then, because the week before I was the one doing most of the talking and the teacher was sooooo mad and aggravated with all of us - mostly me - that she had me teach the class the next week so I could experience the same pain ... It worked though - I was a much better student in her class after that and I knew I NEVER wanted to teach again.). So, it will be interesting to see if tomorrow's class will leave such a lasting memory in my head.

I have a laid back day planned. Aaron is having a friend over the stay most of the day, so he will have fun. I am going to get my hair cut and am getting a massage - oh yes I am and I am looking soooo forward it. I may leave early and stop at a couple of thrift stores even, or I may get lucky and come across a yard sale, my smile is getting bigger the more I type ! And we have already planned to just grill hot dogs for dinner tonight, so no big meal to plan or cook! Oh yes, this day will hopefully be as fun and laid back as I hope it will be.

Y'all take care now ...

2 comments:

Sherry said...

Velda I hope you have a very relaxing day, the plans you have sound fun and relaxing. Don't worry about tomorrow, we will behave! :)

Lisa said...

LOL @ the SS story...you never told me about that...