Monday, November 23, 2009

~ Simple Woman's Daybook 11.23.09 ~





FOR TODAY...
Outside my window... overcast, dreary, with a big smear the window cleaners left on my window last week ...
I am thinking ... I have a dull headache and hoping it will go away soon.
I am thankful for... for day with friends on Saturday.
I am wearing... black jeans, black shell, pale blue sweater.
I am remembering... the art show which I meant to go to this past weekend :(
I am hearing ... Sir Elton John singing Benny and the Jets
I am going... visit my niece at her first apartment tonight.
I am reading... After the Fire by Belva Plain
From the learning rooms ... I heard this weekend that peocock feathers are bad luck to bring into your home. It has to do with the beautiful, eye-shaped markings on the peacock feathers. Many cultures associate them with the evil eye, and to bring the evil eye into your home is to invite trouble and sorrow. Most of the info I read was all based on mythological origins, so according to how much stock you place on mythology, well... you decide for yourself. :)
I am hoping... this Thanksgiving will be a happy celebration even though we have just recently lost my father - his life was a true celebration and we know he is resting in Jesus' arms.
On my mind ... the upcoming holidays.
Noticing that... the leaves around my office are mostly gone from the trees.
Pondering these words...
From the kitchen... Thanksgiving foods - what will I make besides the sweet potato dumplings.
Around the house... needs a thorough cleaning which it will probably get when I put "christmas" up.
One of my favorite things ~ still this: the happiness my dogs show when I come in the door at the end of the day.




From my photo memories ...




My daughter and her sons, whom I miss very much. They live too far away!


Thank you for stopping and visiting my daybook today. If you'd like to read other daybooks or perhaps do one yourself, stop over to Peggy's at Simple Woman's Daybook today.

No comments: