Saturday, June 27, 2009

~ Random Thoughts that I post and will probably wonder why I did later, I am tired ... ~

Okay, so here I sit at midnight, waiting on a cake to cool from baking so I can cover it and go to bed and this commercial comes on offering from Time Life - Romancing the 70s, 10 cd set and the songs just kept running through my head, and filling me full of memories, I mean, Commodores: Three Times a Lady * Captain & Tennille: Love Will Keep Us Together * Elton John: Sorry Seems to Be the Hardest Word * Tom Jones: She's a Lady * Olivia Newton-John: I Honestly Love You. Roberta Flack: The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face * Jim Croce: I Got a Name * John Denver: Rocky Mountain Hight * Art Garfunkel: All I Know * Elton John: Daniel. Who of you out there don't have some awesome memories that these songs will bring back to you. I loved the 70s music. I used to sing I honestly Love You and find some silly teenage reason to cry as i sang it ... was I weird? I had to look it up. Ya know the commercial says you can preview it all for $9.95, but the costs is $149.50, just couldn't do it; evil Velda said " just spend the $9.95 download them all, and send them back"; but good Velda won out, because good Velda is also sensible Velda and I am sure something would go wrong and I would wind up with a $149.50 charge on my credit card that I would probably have to battle for months for them to remove, plus, it's just wrong ... right?

On another subject, I am really sad about Michael Jackson; I liked his music, but was never really a big fan, but he was just so HUGE, king of pop and all. He seemed to have had such a struggling life; it must truly be hard to be "normal" when you are that huge. I am sorry for his family; and his kids. They have been very protected from the limelight and the media and I can't help but wonder how much longer that protectiver barrier will hold for them.

And poor Farrah Fawcett, her struggle is over. I hope she found her peace.

And also Ed McMahon I used to dream about him handing me over an American Family Publishers Sweepstakes Million Dollar sweepstake check ...

The only good thing I can think of to end this post with is, at least - hopefully - we won't have to hear about Jon and Kate ... for a while, I truly did not know who they were until their marriage fell apart. Hope that don't sound harsh, but really, aren't y'all tired of hearing about them too?

3 comments:

Going Goofy said...

I love 70's music too! I bet you can find it somewhere else cheaper. I wasn't really a fan of MJ, I always wondered if he just wanted to be normal it seems he had so much baggage. It makes me feel old all this sad news this week.

I used to watch Jon and Kate but not anymore, I haven't been in charge of the remote for a while.

I missed cropping with ya'll last night

Lisa said...

I'm definitely tired of people becoming famous for doing nothing. I hate that it's totally acceptable in today's society. And I have always loved Michael Jackson's music. When he was in the media for doing something bad, I mostly ignored it. When I listened to his music, I never thought of him as a real person with real problems. I know that sounds bad, but I tend to think of celebs that way - like they're completely fictional. I'm never going to meet them. The only time I hear about them is in the media, and it is entertaining...but I'd probably act like a freak if I ever met one. Kelsey has met a ton of them. He's going to meet the cast of Twilight soon... :)

Anonymous said...

[url=http://tinyurl.com/getvpn][b]Click here to get VPN service![/b][/url]

[b]Anonymous surfing[/b]
Using our service you'll be fully anonymous in the Internet. Hide your IP address, and nobody will know that strange visitor from Germany ( Great Britain, Estonia and so ), is you.

[b]Full access to network[/b]
You can use any services, access any sites and use any software with us. BitTorrent, Skype, Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, Pocker .. we have no restrictions.

[b]Traffic protection[/b]
Don't worry, from this moment all you data will be protected using 256 bit Blowfish encryption algorithm. Nobody can access your internet data.

[b]Wide variety of countries[/b]
You can choose one of over twenty high speed servers located in different parts of the world, from South America coast to islands in Indian Ocean.

Related keywords:
anonymous surfing review
proxy server vpn
anonymous secure surfing
proxy vpn
anonymous vpn free
internet explorer vpn
vpn dial up
ssl vpn
Traffic protection
anonymous surfing freeware
anonymous surfing software
vtunnel
anonymous surfing vpn
best anonymous browser
surf the web anonymous
best anonymous surfing
anonymizer anonymous surfing review
firefox anonymous surfing
Virtual Private Networks
Free Vpn Client Software
anonymous surfing software
[url=http://dasbmw.ru] anonymous surfing software[/url]
[url=http://seobraincenter.ru] anonymous proxy[/url]
[url=http://carlwebster.com/members/Alexander-Pwnz.aspx]Buy Cheap Zoloft[/url]