Monday, September 22, 2008

Prissy girl ???

I used to be such a prissy girl and my husband is doing his best to turn me into an outdoorsey person. Camping and 4 wheeling ... I really do enjoy it though! I didn't think I would actually enjoy 4 wheeling, but we went yesterday and I liked it. We rode 26 miles on an ATV trail somewhere on the edge of Bankhead Forrest. I am sore all over today though. My feet, calves, buttocks, arms, chest and worst of all my hands and thumbs! You power the gas with your right thumb and it is so sore! I slept with a heating pad wrapped around my hands! I have had to use both hands to use my hairspray, put on perfume, etc. But it was totally worth it, we had fun. We had another couple and their two sons with us and we packed a picnic and it was just a beautiful day.






My boss's wife had a birthday and I made her a birthday card. It's a watercolor. I saw one like it someone and tried to put my own mark on it ... Oh well, it's the thought that counts! Happy Birthday Kelli!

Til later, V

4 comments:

Steph said...

I can't believe you have the whole outfit for riding the 4 wheeler! I like them too, but I can only drive the automatic kind....lol. Beautiful card by the way!

Sherry said...

Velda,
That looks like fun! The card is beautiful you are very talented!

Shawna said...

Hey V!! Love the outfit!! I think 4-wheeling would be fun and I'm glad you had a great time! The card looks beautiful; you are so talented!!

The May Family said...

That card is beautiful. what water colors do you use?? I think
I might have met my crafty cousin!!!