Monday, September 19, 2011

Never surf the web at work ….


Never surf the web at work ….



Yeah, I know you shouldn’t but sometimes the temptation is just too strong. You need a break from the tedious and mind straining – a mental health break is how I have heard it referred to, so I clicked over to one of my mind clearing web sites (glamour.com this time)  just for a quick peak and there is this eye catching article jumping out at me …" 51 guys tell the truth " … how to be good at sex … so, of course, I had to click on it, I mean, I still need to know this stuff! So I open it and have just read the first two suggestions, when my employer comes walking down the hall and I know he’s headed my way, so, I casually move my mouse to the “x” kill button, and nothing happens, the next entry slides across my screen, and I click again on the “x” and still nothing, my employer is coming closer, my mind is racing, how do I explain this, I can’t even drop my screen, click! click! click! aachhk!, finally, as his shadow is starting to darken my doorway, the screen drops and I am safe, my boss turns into his own office, not mine, and now I am starting to wonder what those next 48 suggestions are … and really, considering the stress of trying to cover up my net surfing, it really wasn’t much of a mental health break. So, one more time …  ~.~



No comments: