Sunday, February 13, 2011

~ Couch Shopping ~

I have been couch shopping for over a year.  In spurts, I will make the rounds to the furniture stores, looking for "the one" only to come away unsatisfied with the offerings these stores have on their sales floor.  They are too firm, too soft, the couch cushions and sewn to the couch and not loose and re-adjustable, too short, too long, not the right color, and on and on.

The problem is that I already have the perfect couch and its in my living room.  Its worn in just right, its the perfect size, and I like the colors.  If only the seat cushions were not ragged, snagged, and actually has some shredded holes in them, all thanks to my wonderful dogs, oh and it smells ever so slightly of ....  wait for it ...  dogs!

It perfect for sleeping, for curling up in the corner with a good book and a cup of coffee, or a remote control and a glass of sprite. 

We went again today looking for that perfect couch.  I found an almost perfect one -  but it was burgundy, solid burgundy, do I want to get stuck with burgundy as my main color scheme in my living room for the next several years?????   I sat on it, I even laid on it, while I pondered on this almost perfect couch ....

Then we came back home, and we both agree, we have the perfect couch ...





We just need to consider recovering it, maybe, but we haven't been to the furniture stores in Athens yet ....


Til later, V

2 comments:

Sherry said...

I made a slipcover for a new old couch out of drop cloths over the holidays and I really like it.

Laurie said...

I'd love to have a fainting couch. looks perfect for reading/napping.