Thursday, December 09, 2010

~ Working late - life on the square after hours ... ~

I had to work late tonight, stuff that needed to be done before I go out of town.  Going to visit my friend in Houston - yay!!!  Total girls weekend.

Anyway, back to working late - I work downtown and I have to drive around the courthouse square to get to I565 to take me home; it was about 8:30 PM;  and as I was coming up on  a red traffic light on the east side of the square, I looked over and there was a young man, standing in the back of a pickup truck with his pants down around his ankles and his hands on his "you know what" and that is all I will put in print about what he was doing.  There was a crowd gathered around him all laughing and taking photos of him with their cell phones. This lasted the whole time I was stuck at the light and was still going on as I drove away.



I was stunned by what I saw, but more than that I was so overcome with sadness that I began to cry; for the young man, for the crowd encouraging him and well just for the world and what has become of us

I had an older co-worker who once said, that if society gets much worse, God may have to apologize to Sodom and Gomorrah - you know, the cities He destroyed because of the sins of their inhabitants ...   it was said in jest, but her saying always comes back to me when I see or witness something so harsh.

By the way, this is the most current photo I could find on the web of the ruins of Sodom and Gommorah


you know it was destroyed by fire and brimstone, from the heavens, sent down by God ... 

Genesis 19:24-25 (New International Version, ©2010)

24 Then the LORD rained down burning sulfur on Sodom and Gomorrah—from the LORD out of the heavens. 25 Thus he overthrew those cities and the entire plain, destroying all those living in the cities—and also the vegetation in the land.

I worry for our children and their children ...  it was just a distressing thing to witness.

If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 2 Chron. 7:14

Oh that we would.

1 comment:

Brenda said...

I love this post. I agree completely. The thought of what our society has become and God's wrath is a scary thought.