Tuesday, October 19, 2010

~ Thinking about Painting a Cow ~

I am thinking about painting a cow .... well to be more specific, painting a portrait or a cow - that sounds weird, preparing a painting of a cow ??? ... anyway - so I went around my neighborhood and took photos of my neighbors cows ... I love the top middle one ... hmmm what do you think? I kind of like the tag in the ear cow on the bottom too ....





Then I came across this ... actually I pass this everyday ... have always loved it, now I know why, this would make a very cool painting, or screensaver, or in one of those funky calendars about cows or old cars ...





Then, I saw this little beauty, isn't it adorable! I'm just not sure I could paint it. I'll have to see if I can sketch it first. The photo looks pretty good without transforming it into a painting though ... why stress my mind when I can just look at the photo instead.



And then, here is Mr. Crab, actually I have decided to name him the "Blue Collar Crab" because of how hard working he was when he was digging his hole, he is my first next project, for a friend for Christmas, I did a preliminary sketch this weekend, then painted it with water colors, I hated it. I hope it looks better with acrylics or maybe oils ....



I am looking forward to dipping my paintbrush into some colorful paints and brushing it onto a fresh clean canvas and see what happens ...

Wish I had my own art room, but I will settle for my corner of the kitchen ... for now .. maybe forever.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

These photos are just SO cool! Lisa