Sunday, November 02, 2008

~ A Day in the Wood ~

Ahhh, wasn't Saturday gorgeous! We took advantage of the awesome day and went 4 wheeling again. We packed a lunch of PB&J, cheetos, bottled water and off we went. I learned some new trail hand language. When you meet a dirt bike driver on the trail that you almost have a head on collision with because the trail isn't that wide and it's also very curvy, and he holds 4 fingers up, it's not just a different way to wave... it means STAY where you are, there's four of us! The next rider holds up 3 fingers, the next 2, and so on ... Yes, I had to learn that the hard way. Dirt bikers ride fast and crazy on the trails; I don't.



Isn't it pretty in the woods ...



Me & my sweetie ...



Showing off my new riding boots which I duly christened with mud on the trail.




It was a good day.

We ended it with dinner and my mom and dads. My absolute favorite place to eat! It was my birthday dinner. She made roast beef with gravy, fried okra, mashed potatoes, cole slaw, creamed corn, homemade biscuits; for dessert, my dad made me a coconut cake, and mom made apple pie and chocolate pie. Wow, what a feast! It was great!





Yes,it was definitely a good day.

No comments: