Sunday, November 29, 2009

~ I am inspired by this woman ~

I went to the funeral of a friend; she wasn't a close friend, but her life touched mine she impressed me over and over in her life; and after her funeral, I realized her life touched many others. I knew she had a desire to share her faith with others, but I didn't realize how much of a burden she had for people who did not know the Lord and the extremes she went to to spread the word. I say "extremes" because she did more than I ever have, or even ever thought I would to share her faith and love in Jesus Christ with others, all the way up through the end of her life. I was only beginning to get to know her when she left our church, moved in with her parents and her journey of her illness began. I knew her after that mostly through her blog and through the comments she and I left for each other occasionally. Shawna Mascalino was an amazing woman. I am sorry her life was shortened and that her last days were spent dealing with her illness, but I know she honored and glorified God through it all. What an inspiring woman she was to me.


So, in honor of Shawna, let me ask you, Do you Know Him?




Without Him I could do nothing

Without Him I'd surely fail

Without Him I would be drifting Like a ship without a sail

Without Him I would be dying

Without Him I'd be enslaved

Without Him life would be worthless

But with Jesus thank God I'm saved

Oh Jesus, oh Jesus

Do you know Him today

Please don't turn Him away

Oh Jesus, my Jesus

Without Him how lost I would be

Without Him how lost I would be

No comments: